Friday, June 18, 2010

Tears, cheers and many, many screams as Twilight mania hits Rome at Eclipse premiere

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q1D5goGz0SYendofvid
[starttext]
By Mail Online Reporter

Overcome with emotion: It all proved too much for some fans as they got a glimpse of their idols, Taylor Lautner and Kristen Stewart at the Twilight Eclipse premiere last night in Rome


It all proved just too much for some Twilight fans last night at the Eclipse premiere in the centre of Rome, Italy.

Taylor Lautner and Kristen Stewart were besieged by fans, some overcome with emotion at the chance to be in the same vicinity as their big screen idols.

There was no sign of Stewart's on and off screen love interest, Robert Pattinson - he's currently working on Water For Elephants, his next movie project with Reese Witherspoon - but the crowds weren't disappointed, making do with the two other stars.

Lautner and Stewart didn't let down the screaming masses, taking time to meet and greet, pose for pictures with fans and sign autographs.

The chemistry between Stewart and Lautner was palpable as they joked around on the red carpet - it seemed like Stewart couldn't keep her hands off her cute co-star, and let's face, who can blame her!

Lautner looked all grown up and positively gorgeous in his dark suit, crisp white shirt and tie and the usually tomboy Stewart was radiant in her glamorous little black dress.


Loving Lautner: Taylor Lautner spends time with his adoring fans at the Rome premiere of Twilight Eclipse last night


Meet and greet: Kristen Stewart signed autographs and chatted with fans at the Rome premiere of Twilight Eclipse last night


Eclipse is the third movie in the Twilight franchise. The romantic-fantasy centers on a love triangle between Bella (Stewart), Edward (Pattinson) and Jacob (Lautner).
Stewart has revealed that she was 'nervous as hell' the first time she had to kiss Lautner.

'One of the most challenging scenes was probably finally kissing Jacob for the first time,' the actress said. 'Taylor Lautner and I kissed, it felt like such a different dynamic, I was nervous as hell.'

She went on to say she can empathise with her character Bella, explaining: 'I've always said that I'm not ashamed of anything that I say because I'm always being honest, even though you can definitely make mistakes.

'That's Bella in a nutshell, so I can totally relate to her. I feel like I've succeeded if I'm doing something that makes me happy and I'm not lying to anybody.

That's why I feel really good about myself right now,' she told Parade magazine.


Picture perfect: Stewart and Lautner strike a red carpet pose at the Twilight Eclipse premiere in Rome last nightt


The 20-year-old also admitted that she is increasingly enjoying her glamorous red carpet duties, saying: 'I'm definitely having more fun with it.'

Stewart also opened up about the pressures of dealing with fame and life, saying she has a calmer attitude towards life in the spotlight.

'I've definitely relaxed because I've like sort of relinquished control. There's nothing I can do, but who I am, or whatever. It used to freak me out. I still wish I could tell myself to just like calm down, but that's it.'

Twilight Eclipse has a U.S. release date of June 30th, it hits UK screens July 9th


Earlier in the day: Stewart can't keep her hands off of Lautner as they pose for the cameras at the Twilight Eclipse photo call at the Hotel Russie in Rome yesterday
[endtext]

No comments:

Post a Comment